AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords conversion tracking and thank you page redirects

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Will the Adwords tracking get stripped when your thank you page domain is different to your final URL domain e.g:

Final URL domain: www.blablabla.com/ae/

Thank you page domain: www.blablabla.ae

So a conversion completed on the final .com URL gets redirects to the thank you page .ae domain.

We are seeing conversions coming through but I'm just worried in some cases that the code is being stripped because of that redirect.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords conversion tracking and thank you page redirects

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Leila D,

Conversions can still be tracked across different domains; it's often the situation for ecommerce sites for example as they use commonly use 3rd party payment gateways on domains other than their own website.

So no need to worry Smiley Happy

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Adwords conversion tracking and thank you page redirects

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Leila D,

If you are using the AdWords conversion code on the thank you page, there's no problem at all. If you are using Analytics to record conversions and import those conversions to AdWords, you will need to implement cross-domain tracking to make it work.

You are getting conversions counted, so it seems you have set it up correctly.

Best of Luck

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords