AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords conversion tag inactive

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I see that my conversion status has changed to 'Tag inactive'. Could it be that I haven't got a conversion for too long? Or is it something else?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
February 2016

Re: Adwords conversion tag inactive

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Mark,

The 'Tag Inactive' status is displayed when either your conversion tracking code is missing from your website or when a conversion haven't recorded in the last 7 days.

Place your cursor over the speech bubble (more information) next to the tracking status, You'll get the date the system last saw your conversion tracking tag, as well as the last date the system recorded any conversions.

Find more details under 'Checking your conversion tracking status' - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722021?hl=en

Deepak

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Deepak,

Just to make it clear to me, if a conversion has not been recorded in 7 days and the "Tag Inactive" appears, does anything need to be done to the tag on the page itself to re-activate it, or will it still successfully track conversions?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Mike,

If the tag implementation is correct, then it will track conversions successfully and the status will change to 'Recording Conversions' once you have a new conversion.

You don't have to make any changes to your tag.

Deepak

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

This happens to my clients all the time. The issue for me is I have to take the time to visit the pages where the tag is supposed to be like a new Thank You page to check my Google Tag Assistant to see if it is implemented correctly, because sometimes it's not! Further on this I just had a client that reported to me "Conversion tag javascript was removed by hubspot." I'm concerned about this because there might be what I'm calling a "negative drug interaction" between codes that companies like hubspot uses with my Google Event Snippets! Your thoughts?

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

My client just sent another email that the tag is there, he just didn't look in the right place. This is one of the nuances because if we don't check, then clients don't always check correctly and all we see in the Conversion Screen of AdWords is Tag Inactive which leaves us wondering whether it just hasn't had a conversion submission on the web contact form or whether something happened to the tag.