AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords conversations show in Adwords but cannot setup revenue and transactions in Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have the issue i cannot see why Google Analytics wont show the revenue, transactions and conversions from Adwords. They are shown in Adwords and the two accounts are linked well.

Can someone please help or have any idea what I do wrong? Please see screenshoot.

Screen Shot 2016-04-02 at 17.22.55.png

Screen Shot 2016-04-02 at 17.10.41.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords conversations show in Adwords but cannot setup revenue and transactions in Analytics

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello, Jonas.

In order for Analytics to show conversion data you need to use the analytics conversion tracking script. Analytics does not import conversion values from AdWords, the way AdWords can import it from Analytics.

Are you tracking your conversions in Analytics? If you're not, here's where to start: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1037249?hl=en

Hope it helps.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Adwords conversations show in Adwords but cannot setup revenue and transactions in Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, Thank you for the reply.

We have allready setup the analytics transactions script.

Please have a look at https://minta.dk .

Any other idea of how to fix it?

Thanks a lot.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hello, Jonas.

I can't check if the Analytics conversion script fires or not unless I place an order. However, please let me know which situation you're encountering:
- you see Analytics transaction revenue, so the script is firing, but you don't see it attributed to AdWords
- you don't see any kind of transaction revenue in Analytics

If it's the first case and auto-tagging is on, it is likely that once the click lands on your website it is immediately redirected and it loses the gclid parameter. Once it does that, everything gets attributed to Google organic, because the gclid is not there.

If auto-tagging is not on and you're not using manual tagging either, Analytics does not know which campaign / keyword / ad to credit.

If it's the second case, when you don't see ANY transaction revenue in Analytics, it means the script is not firing and you need to check that.

I've seen many situations when the first situation was happening: the click ID was lost because of a redirect (or a 404 page) and only costs were showing up in Analytics.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I see the transactions values in Analytics. Please see screenshoot.

> If it's the first case and auto-tagging is on, it is likely that once the
> click lands on your website it is immediately redirected and it loses the
> gclid parameter. Once it does that, everything gets attributed to Google
> organic, because the gclid is not there.
>

I do not think this is the case - as I see the value assigned to Google
Adwords in Adwords.

Hope this is to some help? IS theres anything I should look for?

Thanks a lot for your replies.

Best,
Jonas

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
If you're using an AdWords conversion script as well, beside the Analytics transaction script, and you're not importing Analytics conversions into AdWords, this is how it usually works.

AdWords records the value via its own script, with or without gclid, since the cookie is set. Analytics though, doesn't attribute it to AdWords because it can't tie it to a click.