AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords campaign and ad group IDs within tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Our client wants to use Adwords Campaign and Ad Group ID in tracking. Is there a macro or a parameter that can automatically or dynamically append these IDs in the URL?

Thanks,

Rashi

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rashi R
September 2015

Re: Adwords campaign and ad group IDs within tracking

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Rashi.

As far as I know, Ad Group ID and Campaign ID are not available in the AdWords interface. They're only available in the API (and are visible in Google Analytics as well).

The only unique ID you can insert is the Ad Id (the {creative} valuetrack parameter in the list over here https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375447?hl=en ).

And since that creative is unique you may tie it to its Campaign (by name, not by ID) and to its ad group, if you export an ad report and see what ad is present in which campaign and ad group.

But automagically inserting the ids in the destination URLs is not, to my knowledge, possible.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I believe I found a way to see the Ad Group IDs and Campaign IDs.

In Chrome, if you hover over the name of the Ad Group, on the bottom left (or copy the URL) you can see the IDs as parameters. Here is the structure of the URL. My Adgroup ID would be the 123456789 in the URL below.

https://adwords.google.com/cm/CampaignMgmt?authuser=0&__u=XXXXXXXXXX&__c=XXXXXXXXX#a.123456789_XXXXX...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Available dynamic value track parameters can be found here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6305348?hl=en&ref_topic=6031980

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
This 2015 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.