AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords calculate a number of clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How does Adwords calculate a number of clicks (visitors sent to my site) for a day, when my site always has a smaller number of visitors for the same day. If Adwords sends 50 people (clicks) to my site and my total visitors for the day are only 46. I would also think I attract some small amount of repete visitors on my own, to make this an even issue bigger. Any explainations?

Russell D. Croft

RussellDCroft@gmail.com

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords calculate a number of clicks

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Russel,

Bottom line is that the definitions of clicks (AdWords) and visits (Analytics) are NOT entirely the same. The help-page linked to below will give you an overview of instances which may cause discrepancies.

*** Data Discrepancies Between AdWords and Analytics used on websites

http://support.google.com/analytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1034383

Best,

Lakatos

Re: Adwords calculate a number of clicks

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi 970Realtor,

Looks to me like you have answered your own question. Your data indicates you had 46 visitors from AdWords clicks, and (probably) 4 of those visitors clicked on your ad twice, or one of those visitor clicked on your ad 4 times. You get the idea.

This is not an unusual behavior and it's not necessarily a bad thing. It indicates that the visitor(s) who click on your ad more than once were most likely comparison shopping, comparing your offereings to those of your competitor. After comparing to your competitor, they decided to come back to your site.

Do you have Analytics installed on the site? If so, you can look at those reports to find out how many repeat visitors you get on your own.

Hope this helps!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords