AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords and Analytics don't connect

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm having troubles connecting Adwords and Analytics. I have a newly created Adwords account that is already bringing in lots of traffic. The Analytics account has been around for a while, but absolutely zero of the Adwords traffic is showing up under "Paid search traffic" under Traffic or under "Advertising".

When I go to Adwords and click "Google Analytics under tools", I'm simply taken to a page with all my Analyics profiles and no way of connecting them (at least that I can see).

The Adwords and Analytics account are on two seperate Google Accounts. Is this the reason why it's not working? If so, is there an easy fix?

1 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Adwords and Analytics don't connect

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
You probably need to enable auto tagging.

Go to the MY ACCOUNT tab > Preference and enable auto tagging and it should take care of it. Give GA a couple of hours and then check to see if the adwords traffic is reported in the right section.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Kenneth,

If you are looking to link the AdWords account to your Analytics you need to first have your email address linked with the analytics account. to do this you must log into the Analytics account and click edit. At the bottom of the page you will see add users. Once you have clicked this you will see a box to add your AdWords email address in. Remember to grant yourself ADMINISTRATIVE ACCESS. Once you have added your email address you need to go into AdWords, go into the account, click tools & analysis and choose Google Analytics. Once in this screen you will see your profile, you need to click settings in the top right hand corner. From here you should be able to select your Analytics profile, untick the box about auto-tagging unless you want to keep it on and click save. A message will pop up which looks a bit alarming, click save/okay and within a couple of hours you should be able to see some data in your Analytics account :-)

Hope this has helped, feel free to friend me and get in touch if there are any problems.

Kind Regards,

Liam Bendelow

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Kenneth,

As Liam mentioned you need to make sure you are an admin user in both the AdWords and Analytics account you want to link.

You also need to enable auto-tagging unless you are tagging your URL-s manually. More information on tagging links here: http://support.google.com/googleanalytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=55590

Pretty extensive instructions on how to link accounts (with screenshots) here: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1704341

Hope this helps,

Karl

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
You probably need to enable auto tagging.

Go to the MY ACCOUNT tab > Preference and enable auto tagging and it should take care of it. Give GA a couple of hours and then check to see if the adwords traffic is reported in the right section.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Kenneth,

If you are looking to link the AdWords account to your Analytics you need to first have your email address linked with the analytics account. to do this you must log into the Analytics account and click edit. At the bottom of the page you will see add users. Once you have clicked this you will see a box to add your AdWords email address in. Remember to grant yourself ADMINISTRATIVE ACCESS. Once you have added your email address you need to go into AdWords, go into the account, click tools & analysis and choose Google Analytics. Once in this screen you will see your profile, you need to click settings in the top right hand corner. From here you should be able to select your Analytics profile, untick the box about auto-tagging unless you want to keep it on and click save. A message will pop up which looks a bit alarming, click save/okay and within a couple of hours you should be able to see some data in your Analytics account :-)

Hope this has helped, feel free to friend me and get in touch if there are any problems.

Kind Regards,

Liam Bendelow

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Kenneth,

As Liam mentioned you need to make sure you are an admin user in both the AdWords and Analytics account you want to link.

You also need to enable auto-tagging unless you are tagging your URL-s manually. More information on tagging links here: http://support.google.com/googleanalytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=55590

Pretty extensive instructions on how to link accounts (with screenshots) here: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1704341

Hope this helps,

Karl

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Liam,

Good info.

Thanks,

Steve