AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords anad Analytic stats

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all, can anyone please help me to understand why there is difference in data or stats of Google adwords account and google analytic account? Why conversions and visits vary?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Adwords anad Analytic stats

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Rinky,

First of all Google Analytics track visits and Google Adwords track clicks. Both are different. When someone clicks your ad and close the browser before the website page is completely loaded, it will not be counted as visit in Analytics, but will count as a click in Adwords.

Look back window for conversion tracking in Adwords is only 30 days. So if someone has clicked your ad and is filling up the form or completing the transaction within those 30 days will be counted as conversion in Adwords and not on 31st day. But Analytics cookie has a longer duration of time and if I am not mistaken it can track the campaign conversion ranging from 6 months to 2 years.

That's why you might see the data discrepancies in terms of conversions and visits in both the products.

Read this article for more insights: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034383?hl=en

Hope this helps!

Pankaj