AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords & Analytics Data Discrepancies.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

I am having data discrepancies in my adwords & analytics for Paid campaigns.

Visits in my Analytics for Paid Advertising is higher very much HIGHER than clicks in my Adwords account, I am unable to understand this can someone please explain me what is the reason for this?

In Feb - Analytics shows 73k visits on my site through Google Paid advertising while for the same duration Adwords is showing 49k.

I have read many post and comments on this data discrepancy but all says Adwords clicks is always higher than Analytics Visits, but I am having this discrepancy other way round.

Your reply and help are highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards

rnt nrt

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords & Analytics Data Discrepancies.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello rnt nrt;

This has been discussed a few times in the past on this forum. A good start would be the following article in the help center. You may want to read more, by finding additional discussions on the matter, using the search box of this community.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Moshe,

Thanks for your reply, but what I have found in the previous posts and discussions is about higher click data in Adwords than analytics visits, but the case with my website is different it is having higher Visits in analytics & lower adwords clicks.

Can you please tell me about this condition?

Thnaks

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

This one could be a better source: Look at the section of click vs. visits.

A user may click on an ad, and then later, during a different session, return directly to the site through a bookmark. The referral information from the original visit will be retained in this case, so the one click will result in multiple visits.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

rntnrt,

Are you viewing todays data?  or comparing last weeks data.  If you are looking at todays data then there will be discrepancies as the data in analytics and adwords are not updated at the same time, best to always look at data that is a day or two past at the very least to get accurate results.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi rnt nrt,

In addition to great thoughts shared above, I would like to add that you need to make sure that the basics are correct in terms of linking of Adwords account with correct Google Analytics web property. Also make sure that there is one Google Analytics script installed above the closing </head> tag on your web pages as provided in the guidelines.

The discrepancies in terms of data might happen because of the fact that Adwords tracks clicks data and Analytics depends upon the visits' data and the difference the two is clear as mentioned in above post. 

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Top Contributor Alumni
# 7
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi,

I don't use analytics at all when it comes to AdWords, even if you have linked the accounts.

Just take the clicks as gospel from AdWords Smiley Happy

I think Mosche hit the nail on the head - clicks and visits are very different things.

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+