AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords ads behaving weirdly

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

so i sort of had a small problem, i have been testing lots of advertising methods the past few days, each seperately so i knew which one was active at what time for how long etc. but once all of them were done and the only one left was the adwords one i started getting an absolute ridiculous amount of views, you might think this is awesome and everything is fine... but these views to me are coming from unknown sources, not showing up on any of the advertising sites (including adwords) and they arent stopping... no money has been taken out of my bank, no views on adwords, or anything just a nice heafty 800 views in less than an hour... for nothing. 

is it normal for adwords not to show views or clicks etc or should i be searching into why this is happenning?

- Lee Tzilantonis

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords ads behaving weirdly

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Lee T,

It is normall when there is no clicks, the sources would be showen when costs appear.

I advice to check where your ads are eligable to show and look for mobile apps - usually they provide a lot of impressions.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Lee T are you looking at very recent data?  AdWords stats are not real-time so it's common to see the figures change even some hours after a Campaign is paused or removed.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'll give it another 8 hours... Although I have already left it for 8 hours thinking it was this too. But I don't know if this is just the shear amount of people just looking at my other videos but it just seems like the people aren't coming to the right videos anyway (my suspicion of this not being Adwords)

I'll have to check in further detail tommorow to see if the Adwords has updated and the analytics on my videos to see where views are coming from.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Lee T ah!  If it's AdWords for Video (which I honestly was going to ask) it's even more likely that the stats will be delayed, and will be quite big differences.  I'm not sure why but AfV Campaigns seem to have a greater delay than other AdWords Campaigns.  Sometimes you may even see the stats suggest you've gone substantially over your budget, but don't worry, you'll only be charged for your specified amount.

Jon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So if I set my budget for $5 and it said that it spent $40 I will only be charged $5?

The ad has updated but I'm worried about the money now

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Lee T if you set your budget at $5 - and it was never changed - you'll only be charged $5.

Jon