AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords a Click Farm

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I posted an Adwords ad with the geographic target the USA. I immediate started getting a huge number of clicks from Africa and Asia, to include multiple clicks within seconds of each other from Google itself in India, I'd guess from a 'bot' ! Is Adwords just a click farm?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
November 2016

Re: Adwords a Click Farm

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Charles N,

Negative, Adwords is not a click farm. You are advised to apply advanced location settings as shown on the snip here:

Capture-nov9.PNG

If you choose the location options (advanced) as displayed above, it will enable more precise geotargeting and you'll likely avoid the unwanted traffic you complained about.

Best,

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
November 2016

Re: Adwords a Click Farm

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Charles N,

Negative, Adwords is not a click farm. You are advised to apply advanced location settings as shown on the snip here:

Capture-nov9.PNG

If you choose the location options (advanced) as displayed above, it will enable more precise geotargeting and you'll likely avoid the unwanted traffic you complained about.

Best,

Lakatos

Adwords a Click Farm

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Charles N,

Are you looking at your weblogs to find this data? When you create an ad, a bot does crawl (adsBot) that page and possibly other pages on your site. This is to verify your links and to evaluate the landing page and overall experience on your site. You are not charged for those visits, but they will show up in your weblogs.

Otherwise, I second Lakatos' recommendation.

Best of Luck,

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords