AdWords
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Tracking Conversions Wronly

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am running a search network campaign on Adwords which is related to purchase of Magazine via online, and there is a particular conversion code implemented properly on thank you page. While there are lots of other goals that I have been imported from Google Analytics, among which most of the goals are site engagement goal instead of destination type. When I run the campaign focusing on one conversion i.e. Magazine purchase, Adwords will not show me the goal conversion data which is related to this particular campaign instead, it is showing me other goals data which are site engagement type.

Is there any way to tell Adwords to focus on one particular conversion, instead of other goals? 

Adwords Tracking Conversions Wronly

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Worldofchemicals M, 

In AdWords there is only one conversion variable, but you can choose what to include in it. In your case it sounds like the Analytics-engagement goals (which you don't want to optimize for) are polluting the conversion stats of the actual conversions that you want to track, i.e. the magazine purchases. 

Solution: Go to "Conversions" in the "Tool" section of the top menu. There you should see all the conversion actions that you have in your account listed. There is a column in the table called Include in "Conversions" where you can see which of the conversion actions are included in your conversion stats, and probably your imported Analytics engagement goals will say "Yes" here. Click on each of those goals and change this to "No", and make sure it's only the magazine-sales conversion that has a "Yes". This will solve your problem. Unfortunately this will not change retrospectively so the conversions will only be correct from the day you change it. 

Let me know if you need anything else. 

Thanks

Tobias