AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Snippet Installed Correctly?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

https://support.google.com/tagassistant/answer/3207128… - I'm receiving this "Non-standard Implementation" message when checking if an Adwords conversion snippet is installed correctly via Google Tag Assistant (also showing http://prnt.sc/b86z47 when I hover over the message). 

It's confusing me as I wasn't using Tag Manager for this, but just had the Adwords code installed directly... I'm guessing it will still fire?

It may be worth mentioning that for technical reasons, my developer requested the GA snippet be taken out of GTM and returned to the page itself, which therefore contains both GTP and GA codes (in addition to the Adwords one, discussed above)... So I was thinking that MAY be the reason for the "Non-standard Implementation" message, though I don't then know why it would appear under the Adwords tag section, since it would seem unrelated... 

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Snippet Installed Correctly?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Really would help to have a link to check

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Philip, I definitely appreciate that. I'm a bit weary, however, about sharing client information in a public forum. Is there a way to PM you the page, or email? I realise that limits the helpfulness of this thread to others, but I'm getting a bit desperate as I'm pretty confident it's firing incorrectly :/ 

Would be happy to report findings on here... 

Note to Zachary G: Please note that it is counter to Community Guidelines to either ask for or offer help outside the Community itself. For reference, the Guidelines may be found via the Community Guidelines link toward the bottom of the page.

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Most volunteers here include links to their G+, business or personal website, and social media profile accounts - click on any username for additional contact information.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you very much for offering to assist, Philip. We have now tracked
conversions and it turns out the non-standard implementation issue doesn't
seem to be causing any problems, so I'm going to let it be for now.

Thank you again.

--

Zak G

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Guidelines - in order to remove contact information which was most likely due to an email or mobile footer. This is done in order to protect account security and/or privacy. Please be sure to remove this information in future replies. Thank you for your understanding.