AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Script save data to excel spreadsheet

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

Is there a script that can be automated to save basic Adwords daily performance data (campaign, adgroup, keyword, matchtype, impressions, clicks, cost, average position ,conversions) into an Excel sheet? I've had a look around but I can't seem to find one that saves to Excel as opposed to a Google spreadsheet.

Thanks
1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author rashed k
September 2015

Re: Adwords Script save data to excel spreadsheet

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Rashed, the key problem is that Excel files are a proprietary format designed for offline use - you use them by running them within Excel in a desktop operating system, not online.  For other scripting engines such as PHP there are various tools and libraries that can create, read from or even edit Excel files that exist as a file online but none that I know of for AdWords Scripts.

Google Docs sheets can, of course, be saved in an Excel format so for the time being your best bet is to export to Docs then export as Excel as and when necessary.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Jon,

That's a shame. Looks like I'll have to start getting used to using Google Docs.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@rashed k I switched to using Docs about 2 years ago and have never looked back.  If you're a "pro" user of Excel you'll find some things missing but for the everyday user it's all there and the advantages in terms of being able to access all your documents, from any device, anywhere all the time, far outweigh any minor losses in my opinion.  Once you add in how easy it is to share and collaborate, they're a winner for me.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Adwords Script save data to excel spreadsheet

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

At Improvado we solve this problem. By connecting to Improvado.io, you'll be able to connect your AdTech & Martech platforms such as Facebook, AdWords, Twitter, Instagram, etc., and visualize your data in Excel/Google Spreadsheets, Google Data Studio, Looker, Tableau or any visualization tool. We have a free 14 day trial.