AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Reporting - Separate Columns for Different Conversion Types

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

You have provided some great advice previously, so I'm back again with a question about showing different conversion types in one report.

You might have to bear with me here...

Prior to the reporting interface update, I used to be able to download a campaign report that would show different conversion metrics (namely "sales", "sales value" and "leads") in separate columns for campaign. This would be in addition to the usual click and impression numbers, etc. I've made up an example below:

I could create this report by going through the reporting tool and selecting "sales", "sales value" and "leads" as the conversion metrics that I wanted like to include in the report.

Is it impossible to create this kind of simply report in the new interface? As far as I can tell, the only way you can download sales, sales value and lead conversion info. into an excel report is by segmenting the report by "conversion type", which results in this type of ugly report...

The conversion info. is in rows rather than columns and the report also doesn't include any other metrics, so to create a report that looks like the former one you would have to run a standard report and then manually add the conversion data to it.

Am I missing something?

Thank you for reading and hopefully for your help.

Best,

Louise

3 Expert replyverified_user

Hi Louise,   I do not believe that you are missing anythi...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Louise,

I do not believe that you are missing anything.  I attempted as well to duplicate the report you're displaying and I was unsuccessful.  Does that mean that it is impossible, no but it doesn't appear to be an easy report to get to they way you have it laid out.

Sorry for not having better news for you.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Thank you for trying Tom - at least I'm not missing the o...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for trying Tom - at least I'm not missing the obvious!

Me too, I checked even reports from the MCC, where you ca...

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Me too, I checked even reports from the MCC, where you can configure columns more to your liking. However, the moment the conversion name or tracking purpose is added, it no longer works. I wonder if it's a bug or a feature.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

If Google added the different coversion types as columns...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If Google added the different coversion types as columns within the user interface it would be really easy to generate reports that looked like the first example (it would also make it much easier to view results!)

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Hello Louise,   Thank you for your question! The columns...

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hello Louise,

Thank you for your question! The columns that you would like to see (a separate column for each conversion) has been phased out with the older version of AdWords. The way you are currently seeing the conversions showing in reports is the only way to see them at this time. However, this is great feedback to provide for our team as we are always looking to enhance the advertiser experience. If you have a moment, I definitely recommend filling out the following feedback form with your concern:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/request.py?&contact_type=cfeedback

Best,

Sherry

Re: Adwords Reporting - Separate Columns for Different Conversion Types

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Louise,

The solution is to export two reports for the same period, one with the metrics you want and one with the conversion-data reports, then pivot the conversion data into a column in Excel, then join the two reports.

Our MarketFlare DNA software does this automatically when the "Conversion Action Name" attribute is selected and non-conversion metrics are selected for the report - http://www.marketflare.com/adwords-reporting-tool/

I believe that Google stopped showing the conversion data column along with metrics because conversions do not necessarily directly correspond to the clicks or impressions represented on each line - they could correpond to previous clicks or other impressions (if it's a view through conversion). Still, we all know it's very useful to see your keyword cost, clicks, and conversion data on a single line.

The MarketFlare DNA AdWords reporting tool is currently available for free, so try it out!

Bejan A.