AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Remarketing Tag Placement - ERR_ABORTED error

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have had my client place the Remarketing code and am receiving an error through tag manager, and the Remarketing listis not building in the Audiences tab.

The website url is www.gapa.net, and the remarketing code looks to be correct and placed correctly.  I have see other posts that this might be a "false postive" error, however it has been over 72 hours with no change in the Audience tab.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Remarketing Tag Placement - ERR_ABORTED error

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Re: Adwords Remarketing Tag Placement - ERR_ABORTED error

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
I looked at your site and there's indeed a weird side-effect of jquery on the remarketing tag in chrome but I wouldn't worry about it.

For the details: if you look at the network tab in Chrome's developer tools you should see that the AdWords remarketing pixel request fires once but gets canceled and then gets fired again by jquery. I assume jquery is doing a particular treatment on all images on your page, it seems to be related to the shiftnav module.

If you look at the Shared Library > Audiences in AdWords there are 2 separate things:
- The "remarketing tag" widget on the upper right gets updated frequently (every 15min or so). You should check here first to confirm that your tag is firing properly
- The list sizes which get updated a lot less often (it can take up to 24 hours I think)