AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Interest Targeting Cost Mismatch AdGroup Cost

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

I came across a discrepancy. 

The cost of an adgroup is consistent for demographics (age, gender, parental status), ads, videos but there's a mismatch in video targeting (interest). The adgroup has only Interest targeting.

Can anyone please share some insights of what could be the possible reason? Also please let me know if any other info required.

Thanks,

Vishal

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Interest Targeting Cost Mismatch AdGroup Cost

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Vishal,

If I have understood you correctly, you are stating that the spends on your YouTube campaign does not match with total spends seen for your adgroup(s).

If yes, then this an issue with the reporting in YouTube campaigns. I used to face the same problem where data would not be populated against individual targeting sets and we would have to wait till the next day or a few days to report the actual numbers.

When it comes to spends, I would suggest that if you have X budget for a YouTube campaign then you set a budget of X-30% . This helps ensure you do not end up overspending on the campaign. Once the budget is met, you can keep increasing it till you exhaust it.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"