AdWords
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Inactive

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
I use GTM to fire Adwords conversion tracking on the website. And I check it in debug view it works fine. However, our office adwords person told me the tag is inactive.

Is there anything I need to worry about as I know the tag is literally not on that page and should only be fired if a submission occurs on that page (i.e., url will not change because of the submission).

adwords.png

Many thanks
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Inactive

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Ann, how are things?

You should check if your tag is receiving conversions normally. If this didn't change and your account is getting conversions, you don't need to worry about the status. Sometimes the system cannot track the tag properly depending on how and where the tag is installed.

The status does not imply on tag functioning properly, it just means that Adwords wasn't able to verify that appear on page.

Hope this helps.
_

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your help Smiley Happy I double check in Google Tag Manger debug view and
it works, conversion ID and value is also right. It records conversion
previously. I guess it should be fine.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2016

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Glad to help Smiley Very Happy

You can also check on Google Tag Assistant, the official tag checker from Google. It's a browser extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tag-assistant-by-google/kejbdjndbnbjgmefkgdddjlbokphdefk?h...
_

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click