AdWords
6.5K members online now
6.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Experiment data in Google Analytics?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there!

I am about to run a 50/50 split Adwords experiment that will split the landing page of my campaign to two different destinations on my website: half of the campaign will land on the homepage and half of the campaign will land on the original landing page that is not the homepage. 

I know that with an experiment set up I will have visibility into the performance data of my ads in Adwords. However, I need to be able to see this data in Google Analytics so I can compare overall site metrics and conversion data against the two variations of my Adwords campaign.

Will I have this visibility in Google Analytics? Or, does an Adwords experiment only show data in the Adwords interface? (Note: I have Adwords integrated with google analytics)

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @Anna R,

No, you will get only the combined data in GA at the utm/gclid parameters are same.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hmm... I think with experiments the data is not available in Analytics....an my personal view is to keep a draft / experiment outside the Analytics domain not to get confused  with the real data / metrics vs the real ones.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I found a YouTube video on this and it says you can track this info in Google Analytics using ValueTrack tag in the destination URL. It's mentioned towards the end of the video. Hope this helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-42f9XRSR4

ValueTrack https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6305529

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Chetan J;

Please do not link 3 party content, which is not endorsed or sponsored by Google, because we cannot verify the accuracy of content, and if an error found we cannot fix it,

Thank you 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok sure. Thanks, will keep this in mind.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Turns out you can see the traffic in analytics!

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Anna R;

Is it segmented  to experiments and control?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes it is because we added an identifier in the campaign name for the experiment. 

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

ohhh...great idea