AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Editor 12.0.3 super slow

Not applicable
# 1
Not applicable

Hi,

we (my Team and I) just installed the new editor yesterday and we all are not able to use it anymore. Every change takes minutes. Changing Labels of 10k ads took me a whole day without uploading it. Now I am uploading the changes and the counting of changed elements is at 3%. I pressed the "upload-button" 20 minutes ago. 

Every selection, every copy is almost crashing my whole system.

I am using Windows 10

We really need help with this because we are not able to work properly. 

Hendrik

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

same Problem here. SUPER SLOW....

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

I can't seem to reproduce. I downloaded one of your accounts, and added a label to every expanded text ad in it (some 138,000+ of them). Took less than a minute. I also added a final mobile URL to all of them, and ran Check Changes - that took under 10 minutes. I obviously can't try uploading changes for real.

One thing to try: run Get Recent Changes on the problematic account. There might be a problem with the account database if you upgraded to 12.0.2 first, and from there to 12.0.3; Get Recent Changes should fix it.

If you still experience the problem, please fill out this form:

https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/contact/awe_gen

If and when you do, post back to this thread to let me know; I'll look up and take the support case.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Same here, its very slow. Can you send on the two separate versions for download? I can't find them online.  

Thanks,

Jim

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hendrik, did the suggested change help? Like you I went from 12.0.2 to 12.0.3, everything is so slow now. 

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

If at all possible, could you please try the following:

1. Upgrade to Editor 12.0.3 if you haven't already. You may have been prompted by now, you might just need to close and restart Editor. If not, you could download it from https://adwords.google.com/home/tools/adwords-editor/ . You can see the version at the bottom right of account window, and also in Help > About dialog.

2. Run Get Recent Changes > Basic (faster) on the account you have the problem with. I think, but am not 100% sure, that this should fix the issue.

3. If Get Recent Changes didn't help, do Account > Full download. I have high confidence that would help.

Note that this would lose any unposted changes. If you have any that you care about, export them first (Account > Export > Export whole account, in Save As Type select "Account sharing snapshots (*.aes)" ), and after download import them back (Account > Import > From file)

4. If even that doesn't help, please fill out this form:

https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/contact/awe_gen

If and when you do, post back to this thread to let me know: I'll look up and take the support case.

If you still want to downgrade to a prior version after all, you can download it here:

For Windows: https://dl.google.com/adwords_editor/11.8.0.0/Google_AdWords_Editor.msi

For Mac: https://dl.google.com/adwords_editor/11.8.0.0/Google_AdWords_Editor.dmg

Completely uninstall the current version before installing the older one. You would have to re-download all accounts. Before uninstalling, from the current version, export any unposted changes you'd like to preserve, then import them back after downloading the account in older version.

Not applicable
# 7
Not applicable

Hello everybody,

thank you for your help. I just updated from 11.xx to the 12.0.3 version.

I tried downloading the whole account again, and now it seems to work again. I will let you know more within today. I hope it just stays like this...

THANKY YOU very much!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I am facing the same problem.

I did try this. I deleted the whole MCC from my editor (version 12.0.3) and added it again.

I started working in one account and everything seemed to be back to normal, fast again.

Then I started working in another account and there we are - back to slow performance, especially when changing expanded text ads.

I really think about switching back to an old version, but that seems kind of weird.

I will fill out the form now.

Thanks everyone for sharing your problems and solutions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have tried all the above and while the download is now not too bad, uploading changes is even slower! Moving back to version 11 until Google patch this up. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I have the same problem. Have the newest version 12.0.3...

Installing the downgrade. This is really terrible.