AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Dimensions not being carried through to Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've linked Adwords to Analytics and have run a number of campaigns but Analytics isn't tracking any of the Adwords dimensions:

• campaign
  • source
  • medium
  • content (creative)
  • keyword

The traffic in Analytics that comes in from Paid Search reads "(not set)" for keywords and no traffic is shown under Campaigns. 

Advanced Settings are set to enable auto-tagging on any AdWords accounts that were added to the link group.

Help?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Adwords Dimensions not being carried through to Analytics

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Scott,

There was a known bug with the syncing of Data. Full Discussion here:
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Tracking-Reporting/Why-am-I-seeing-not-set-in-my-Google-Anal...

A fix was created on 12-4-2014 just one day ago. It may take 24-48 hours to cycle through to all accounts.

My suggestion is to give it 2 more days and if not fixed, call the Adwords Hotline number and pick the "analytics" team so that they and look into the actual details of your account and settings, since they have access.

Google Help Line:
Call us at: 866-246-6453
Monday - Friday: 9 am - 8 pm EST
Worldwide phone support

But somethings you can check:

Is Google Analytics Synced to your Adwords Account IN GA?
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704341?hl=en

Do you have the correct admin permissions and have linked Both AW to GA and GA to AW?

Are you Using Google Tag Manager for your to Analytics code?

or using the copy and paste version of the script code with the Old version or the new Universal Analytics?

Is the Analytics code in the top of your site before the Close Head tag </ head >? as it is supposed to be?

Have you checked that the GA code is firing via the Chrome  Google Tag Assistant?

Check those settings, if it's not one of those, then it's the "Bug Fix"

Hope that helps