AdWords
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Device

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! Is there any way to pull a report that displays what specific device a user is interacting with the ad from? I know you can segment by device such as iPhone or Android Phone, but is there any way to see what version iPhone (5, 5s, etc.) it is?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Device

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hmm... Interesting question.. Not that I know about... (All iOS - or android- devices fall under the same category - no matter what version is installed on the device.)
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Try using Google Analytics:

Segment on Paid Search.
Then use the Audience/Mobile/Device report.
You can find the Ad under Secondary Dimension/Advertising

That should give you the answer you want.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Christine,

It is not possible to see iPhone 5 or 5s etc. but it is possible to see the operating system versions of the smartphone. for example Android 4.1, 4.2, 4.4 etc.

To see this create an advance segment: Paid Search, or google/cpc (you can create custom one)
Go to Audience > Mobile > Devices and then choose secondary dimension "Operating System Versions"

Hope that Helps,

Cheers,

Nouman

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Christine L,

Yes you can see the Mobile Device Model, it is a Dimension in Google Analytics.

For example you can navigate to Audience/Mobile/Devices and select as "Secondary dimension" = "Mobile Device Model". It will give you a report like this

device-model.png

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Adrian,

This is great; But it's not showing iPhone and iPad versions such as 4s or 5s etc. It only report iPhone and iPad.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes it doesn't for Apple models, probably because they have some privacy to protect, but analytics shows the exact model for other brands.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
i want to know number of smart phones by country if this possible like :

France : IOS = xxx and Android = yyy to know who I'm targeting