AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Data not set in analytics.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I set up a custom variable for tracking returning customer using this code on client landing page.

_gaq.push(['_setCustomVar',
'Returning',
'Yes',
]);

Put that code in GA script.

After that adwords data in analytics started showing not set. 

Also earlier auto taggin was off. Client claims he was getting keywords/campaign data before.

Also, both old and universal analytics scripts are being used on the landing page.

Any hints?

Thanks

Re: Adwords Data not set in analytics.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Ujjawal M ! Welcome to the AdWords Forum !

First of all , from what I have read and my limited experience, I would advise to change the scope of the CustomVar to 1 instead of 2 at the end of the script. This number says how long it will stay active. For a 1 the scop will be a "Visitor level" staying active for 24 months , but for a 2 it will be a "Visit level" and will persist just for a visit once the visit ends the custom variable will expire.

It will help if you write more about where you placed this code, could you copy-paste a larger part of the script ?

Here is a help page about setting up custom variables

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gajs/gaTrackingCustomVariables#visitorL...

Re: Adwords Data not set in analytics.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for answering Adrian!

Actually the problem was that the data profile was not saved, thats why no adwords data in analytics.

Thanks again.