AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Conversions Tracking and Organic Clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, Having an issue with conversion tracking. My client does not have a thank you page once clicking the CTA, where normally I would put the conversion code in the thank you page. Do to 3rd party restraints we cannot have GTM tags - which would be the obvious answer. However, the immediate solution is to have the CTA lead to a page on their website which allows them to register their interest, and once registered a thank you page appears. My question is, in the register your interest page, there are multiple products and the page is often found organically. What I would like to know is if I put the conversion code on the thank you page available - would organic clicks be seen as a conversion in Adwords. Or is the next best option creating a goal in Analytics - but again would organic clicks be counted as a conversion? Many Thanks.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kirsten O
August 2016

Re: Adwords Conversions Tracking and Organic Clicks

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kirsten

You can learn how the tracking code works here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722022?hl=en

In short , when a user clicks an ad a cookie is placed in their browser (expiration date dependent on what you set your code to) and then the conversion code will 'fire' every time someone gets to that page BUT a conversion will only be recorded if the cookie is present. So a user has to have clicked on your ad in order for a conversion to be recorded.

Hope this helps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you all! Great help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
by using code can i target people who see my webpage not purchase ?