AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Conversions Not Being Tracked

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I'm having a frustrating problem with Google Adwords at the moment. My site has conversions set up with Analytics being the source (so, as far as I am aware, this means that when a conversion is triggered in Analytics it gets imported back into Adwords right?)

For the past 48 hours I have been unable to see any conversion data in Google Adwords.

I can see clicks, cost, and other data fine in Adwords. I also know I've had conversions on my Adwords campaigns, as these have been registered in Analytics over the past couple of days.

I can only see two real possibilities here:

1. There is  a delay in Analytics-sourced conversions coming through to Adwords (last data I have is for Friday just been)
  2. Something has "broken" in the chain between Analytics and Adwords

What do you think is more likely?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Conversions Not Being Tracked

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Sam,

To import analytics goals into adwords the following conditions should apply:-

• Your Analytics and AdWords accounts are linked.
  • You've opted into data sharing in your Analytics account.
  • You've enabled auto-tagging in your AdWords account.
  • On a per-type basis, your Analytics Goal or transaction has received active traffic from an AdWords ad at some point.

If everything is fine at this point, you now have to import the analytics conversions into adwords by following the below steps:-

1. In your AdWords account, open the Conversions page. There is a message alerting you that you can link your Goals and transactions. Note that it may take up to two days for AdWords to import your Analytics data.
  2. In the Conversion Tracking table, click Import from Google Analytics.
  3. From the list, select the Goals or transactions you want to import.
  4. At the bottom of the table, click Import.

AdWords Conversion Tracking starts importing the data from your Analytics account starting from the day you clickedImport. Historical data from before this date is not added to conversion tracking. Your Goals appear alongside your conversion data in your Conversions page and AdWords reports within two days.

Read more:
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034306?hl=en

Let us know if you have any questions.

Re: Adwords Conversions Not Being Tracked

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Sam,

This sounds mostly a problem with the linking between your AdWords & Analytics accounts. I would recommend that you follow the instructions that Ahmed has outlined below and try and link your accounts properly.

Do let us know if this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"