AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Conversions Between Campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a client that has two separate budgets for two separate sides of their business. They are promoting both from the same domain. 

They currently have one adwords account setup with two separate campaigns, however the conversions that they have for each segment of their business are different - one is a saas app and the other is a more complex desktop application. I'm trying to avoid budget for the saas segment being spent on the desktop application side - meaning I'm trying to avoid driving a saas user to the website, only to have them navigate away and actually convert on the desktop side.

Would best practice here be to separate the two segments into different adwords accounts, or is there a way I can specify conversions to only apply to a specific campaign?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Brad,

Google will assign the conversion to the keyword and ad that the searcher clicked on. If someone clicks on an ad for SAAS and buys the desktop app, then the conversion will go to the SAAS ad/keyword.

If you ran different accounts, you would only see the conversion that pertained to the business being advertised. But this would be less information for you, and information is important in AdWords.

You can click on Segment > Conversion Name to see which conversions make up the totals. Use this, and stick with the setup you have.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Where are you landing the app campaign?

If you are getting the right kind of users in each advertising campaign, then the account structure and approach is working. If you're not getting the right kind of users in, then you need to work on optimizing the campaigns.

If you are using the same site for both products, then this would seem to be more of a website/sales funnel issue. You're getting the right kind of users in from each campaign, but once they get to the site, something goes screwy. If that's the issue, more AdWords accounts are not going to fix that.

I think @RobSkelton and I are both in agreement that another AdWords account isn't going to help solve any problems, or address any concerns.

Tom