AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Conversion is tracking incorrectly

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

My Tracking conversion was verified. I have placed the respective code on the exact page within the body. I have checked with google tag assistant also. Everything works in a perfect way, but my conversion is tracking that all clicks as conversionsSmiley Sad . I would like to track conversion when someone would submit the contact form only. How to implement this? Wanna change any setting in conversion tools? Plz help me to sort this. 

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Conversion is tracking incorrectly

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
You need to have a thank you page that people see after the form has been submitted - and place the conversion code on the thank you page. Popular WordPress contact form plugins like Contact Form 7 and Gravity Forms have this functionality - just search for instructions.

Alternatively you can attach a Google Analytics event to the submit button and import the goal into AdWords. This ins't as good, as sometime people click on the button a few times before the submission is successful (missing out a required field, or getting the captcha wrong)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your reply. I have placed my conversion code on thank you page only. My problem is different. For example: Clicks - 8, Conversion is also 8. But I got only one enquire mail. How it is possible that the clicks and conversion to be same?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Can you provide your url?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks. My url is http://goo.gl/84DO7M. I am newbie to adwords. I don't where is the mistake.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Hi Dobiz,

The conversion code is available on the landing page also that is why every click is counted as conversion.
Remove this conversion code from the landing page.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dobiz I
February 2016

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Dobiz I,

Your conversion pixel is firing on the landing page itself. 

conversion.PNG

Ideally, it should fire your 'thank-you' page only. I see three different conversion pixels on your 'thank-page', but not the one that's on your landing page. 

Make sure your conversion pixel is firing only on 'thank-you' page, and nowhere else. Also, why do you have those many conversion pixels on the same page? If you want to track different actions as conversions for the same AdWords account, it's ideal to have different 'thank-you' pages for them. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Tweeter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your valuable solutions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm also having this problem - showing 33 clicks when only 1 enquiry has come through.

<p><!-- Google Code for Contact Form Conversion Page --></p> is showing correctly on the thank you page.   url https://goo.gl/TBAogZ

I do have a couple of other conversion codes happening - would that interfere?

Also wonder whether search engine bots that visit the page are counted as a visit?

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star

Hi Madalen,

AdWords will only report conversions from people who clicked on the ad. All other visitors are ignored.