AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Conversion Tracking on Dynamic Landing Pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I am working for website where my goal is to generate leads. So the case is like this:-

A user search for any query and clicks on the ad, reaches the website. There he see a box to put in his question and then he clicks on the submit. Now when he click on the submit a TempID for that question is created and he is redirected to a login page. So the login page will have a URL something like this :- abcde.com/login.aspx?TempID=123456

Right now I have implemented the conversion code on the abcde.com/login.aspx, but the problem is since this is a login page so user comes to this regularly in order to login in his account and whenever he visit this page, conversion pixel record a conversion.

So what I want is only when the URL abcde.com/login.aspx have some value TempID=987654, hen only it records the conversion.

I am not good at coding part, so don't know how to fix it.

Thanks

Mudit

Re: Adwords Conversion Tracking on Dynamic Landing Pages

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Added:-

I know that I can track converted clicks which tells me the unique number of users submitted that form, but is their any way to do what I am thinking.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Mudit,

Do you use Google Analytics?  One thing you could do is to set up a goal in Google Analytics for any URL that has "TempID=" in it.  You could then import your Google Analytics Goals into AdWords as Conversions.

That is probably the easiest solution.

If you don't use Google Analytics, can you set up your website so that a confirmation page is displayed after a searcher who visits your site writes a question and clicks the submit button?  If so, you could put the AdWords Conversion Code on that page and it would only record a Conversion if a user came from AdWords, asked a question, and then clicked submit.  Then on their subsequent visits when they did come to log-in, the Conversion pixel would not fire.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

There are several ways to implement this.

You can use Tag Manager: Create a rule with the following condition:

{{url}} matches Regex

/login\.aspx\?.*TempID=.+

After this you can create there a AdWords Conversion Tag that is triggered upon the rule above.

Another alternative is to use Analytics Goal and import the goal to your Adwords Account, you may use the same regex rule above  /login\.aspx\?.*TempID=.+

I would implement both methods (Tag Manager and Analytics) to get a very stable conversion system. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the help vkore91.

I don't use Google Analytics. Coming to the second suggestion, you want me to add a page between the submit page and login page which have conversion code on it and which redirect the user to the login page automatically. Please correct me if I misunderstood your suggestion.

Thanks
Mudit

Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Mudit,

Yes, my suggestion is to add a confirmation page after a user submits a question.  Such as a "Thank you for submitting a question" and then it can link to a login page.  I wouldn't have it automatically redirect to the login page, but instead provide a link where a user can click to link through.

Or, as Gravity mentioned, you could set this up via Google Tag Manager.

Finally, not sure if you're using another web analytics platform, but I suggest you at least use one tool to evaluate user behavior on your site.  Google Analytics is a great tool, at the right price Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Gravity

Thanks for the response. It sound perfect to me as of now. I will try to do it and let you know if I need any help in implementation.

Added:- Just one question more, what would be the benefit of implementing Analytics Event Tracking as well, is their any changes that Tag Manager will miss any conversions in recording?

Thanks
Mudit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks vkore91 for the answers. I appreciate the help.

Thanks
Mudit