AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Conversion Tracking Code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Where do I insert the Adwords Conversion Tracking Code when using a Google Doc form on a Google Site?

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Conversion Tracking Code

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

The conversion tracking code should always go on the "thank you" page that the visitor sees after submitting their inquiry. (The page that confirms that the submission was successful.)

Not sure precisly how you're using a Google Doc but maybe you could add a "confirm" link that directs the visitor to a thank you page and have the conversion code there?

Just a thought....

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Theresa,

Google Docs allows you to create a 'Form' that you can embed into a website.  The form is basically a web form front end to a Google Spreadsheet in the backend.

In my case, I am embedding the Form into a Google Site as opposed to just any website.  However, where I am stuck, is that the Thank You page (after you submit the form) is controlled by the Google Form itself.  The Form allows me to edit the text that will display on the Thank You page, but nothing else.  

Again, I believe this is a limitation to using a Google Docs Form instead of a regular HTML form.

Rocky

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: Adwords Conversion Tracking Code- Google Sites

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Rock

As far as testing I did, you need to put the "thank you" on the html code of a Google sites page. (Doc is added using the insert command.)

Add another "thank you" page as part of your Google sites website.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni

Thanks, Moshe!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Moshe

I tried doing several ways but am still stuck.  I like the idea of having the "thank you" as a regular Google Sites page.  So I created that page.  Where I am stuck now is that I cannot figure out how to 'tell' the Google Form to use that page when the user clicks on the Submit button on the Form.

Any suggestions?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Rocky,

I'm also not very familiar with Google sites but the instructions in this article have helped some people in the past.  I thought it was worth sharing so you could give it a shot.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/how-to-add-javascript-or-custom-contents-to-google-sites-with-gadget/

Hope this helps!

Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same issue that the Rocky had, and I believe it was not resolved yet. 

Please let me add some more decription on our, Rocky and me, issue. 

I use weebly for my site and embed google doc form into it to get an application by customer. 

It's my first time trial, but I set a adwords campaign on it, and want to track the conversion within the adwords function by setting conversion tracking code on the thankyou page.

The thank you page of google doc spread sheet is shown something like https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?pli=1&formkey=dGx4OW...... 

I can't find where to put the conversion code. 

Since I'm embeding that into weebly page, the url is further behind.  

If Google doc spreadsheet uses google site for form control, how can I access to it?  

Thank you. 

Seki 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ooops, I found a section modifying thankyou page of google doc spread sheet form, and I was able to put the conversion confirmation code there. 

This must be answer to both me and Rocky! 

Thank you all! 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

when i put the code snippet into the "thank you" field, it just displays the link as text, do i need to add something?