AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Conversion Tracking Code and Returning Visitors

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am running an adwords campaign where a user is supposed to sign up to complete a conversion and redirected to desired page. Though, I have a mismtach of number of 'conversions' from google adwords from actual number of signups.

Is there any chances that google tracks multiple clicks from the same user as multiple conversions. For example, I searched for the product, went ahead with the ad, signed up and went to buy the product. Second time again, I searched for the product, as I am already signed up I am not required to enter my details again, it remembers me and signs me up and takes me to product page.

In this case, will I be counted only once or everytime I do this?

What are the other cases where a single user can trigger conversions pixel multiple times?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Conversion Tracking Code and Returning Visitors

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Bansi P how AdWords handles multiple conversions from a single click is part of the conversion tracking setup.  See here:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722022?hl=en-GB (under "Counting Conversions").

You can choose to either count only one conversion following a click (no matter how many occur) or count every conversion.  Check your settings to see which version you're using.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: Adwords Conversion Tracking Code and Returning Visitors

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Bansi P,

Fundamentally, conversions are tracked when the page with conversion tracking code is visited by a user. In this case, signing up is for a new visitor (which you'd essentially like to track as a conversion) and logging in is for a returning visitor. Having a common page for these two actions would track every log in as a conversion. I'd suggest having a specific page for sign up confirmation, with conversion tracking code in it.

Feel free to write back!

Sumanth Sridhar