AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Conversion Reporting Discrepancy

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Hi,

For the past few days I have seen unusual conversion data reporting in Adwords for one of my accounts (Targeting India).

The conversion numbers reported in Adwords interface is way below the actual numbers (We have an internal conversion tracking system). Almost the actual conversion number is tracked in Google Analytics, but Adwords is showing less.

I have checked the conversion tracking codes and pages, every thing is working fine.

Not sure this is a one off case, or more community members are experiencing the same.

Info

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Conversion Reporting Discrepancy

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Conversions (1-per-click) count a conversion for every AdWords ad click resulting in a conversion within 30 days.
http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1722022

So the conversion can happen within 30 days and it will count the day the ad was clicked.

But analytics counts conversions on the actual day the transaction is occurring.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

Info wrote:

Hi,

For the past few days I have seen unusual conversion data reporting in Adwords for one of my accounts (Targeting India).

The conversion numbers reported in Adwords interface is way below the actual numbers (We have an internal conversion tracking system). Almost the actual conversion number is tracked in Google Analytics, but Adwords is showing less.

I have checked the conversion tracking codes and pages, every thing is working fine.

Not sure this is a one off case, or more community members are experiencing the same.

Info

Difference in the statistics which you see between Adwords and Analytics could be due to many reasons like cookie validity, click/vist differences etc... This article probably explains everything in details.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Deepak_V
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

I do understand the cookie validity issue, but I am concerned about the differnce in stats in the past few days.

All the stats looked fine till a few days ago. The difference is from the last few days (This is a six month old account). I hope this is an issue with this particular account I mentioned here.

Anyway thanks for your reply.

Info