AdWords
6.5K members online now
6.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Clicks vs. Analytics Visits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Last month in my adwords account I am showing roughly 2,100 clicks across my 3 adgroups. When looking in Google Analytics at the number of visits for last month with the same 3 campaigns, I am only showing 21 visits. I clicked on all the ads to make sure I did not use a faulty desination URL and they all seem to be directing me to the correct landing pages.

Why would I only be seeing 21 visits when I had 2,100 clicks on my ads?

Thanks,

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Adwords Clicks vs. Analytics Visits

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi ImaginePub,

AdWords clicks and Analytics visits are not synonymous. Multiple clicks on an ad by the same user could register as only one visit by Analytics. Also, invalid clicks in AdWords are not counted while they will be counted as visits in Analytics. Refer to this link for more possibilities.

With that said, I would also check on the following:

1.) Make sure you are comparing the same date range in both accounts.

2.) Did you link your AdWords Account with Analytics from the beginning? Analytics will only keep tract of data once linked. It will not report on historical stats.

3.) Check the Analytics tracking code on all landing pages to make sure is correct.

4.) Do you have auto-tagging enabled?

5.) Are you targeting mobile devices? If so, some of these devices have Javascript disabled. This means that a click will be recorded in AdWords but a visit will not be tracked in Analytics.

Lastly, take a look at this discussion as others have encountered the same problem.

Thanks,

BI

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Bl, I have the same situation. Adwords shows far more clicks than I show visits from Adwords in Analytics? I'm paying for the clicks, but don't get the visits, seems like something is not right. Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like I'm paying for clicks that don't produce visits! Any help or further explanation would be appreciated.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey There,

It sounds like there is an issue with AdWords & Analytics being linked properly... although it sounds like you are seeing some data show-up in Anayltics from AdWords, correct? Are these visits showing up under a campaign name or as something like (not set)?

Are you only running AdWords on the search network?

What devices are you targeting?

Thanks,

BI

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Did you solved this?

I have the same situation 

and the funny part is that in use of the web site there are 0 vistis, but if i choose in the upper menu click I see all my campaigns and click and 0 visits....

I'm sure I have analytics well connected to adwords because I can see the campaigns, I just don't have visits...

Best regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I also have a similar situation. I'm trying to figure it out.

I wonder, if someone googles your company name and clicks on the ad instead of the organic link, and does that several times over a week or two (because some older users can't seem to tell the difference between an ad and a search result), would Analyics report a return user for just the 1 paid click?

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
This 2012 thread has been closed to new replies.

If anyone has a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question or comment.

This will help other forum members to both see and understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

Thanks!