AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Campaign Clicks not showing on Analytics Report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We started an adwords campaign last week and in looking at that report, we received 36 clicks. When I look at Analytics report and sources it does not show any PPC traffic. Which is correct.

Mike Lyons

mike@abpromotions.com

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Campaign Clicks not showing on Analytics Report

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Andreas,

Did you make sure your adwords and your analytic are linked? Under profile settings there is a "AdWords Cost Source Settings". Make sure you have that set to the correct account.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
September

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Mike,

Also, make sure auto-tagging is enabled for your account. If you use manual tagging, the number will be in a different place, under traffic/sources/campaigns.

If Auto-tagging is disabled and you haven't manually tagged the destination URL's, most traffic will appear as Google organic.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
As explained above. You need to ensure these 2 points

1- logn to analytic with same email and go to admin setting and data source. Make sure analytic is linked with same adwords account and
2- in adwords under account-preference, ensure auto tagging is enabled.
If both are ok then you will see complete report in analytic next time.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have several campaigns running in AdWords and for some reason, data for only one campaign fails to show up in Analytics, while data for all of the others do. Same account. Same settings. I can see there are clicks and traffic on that campaign, but no data for it still shows up in Analytics for reports or flow.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have several campaigns running in AdWords and for some reason, data for only one campaign fails to show up in Analytics, while data for all of the others do. Same account. Same settings. I can see there are clicks and traffic on that campaign, but no data for it still shows up in Analytics for reports or flow.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Are the ads on tis campaign pointing to the same landing page as the other campaigns that do show up? 

If not - check if the GA code is on this landing page.

Also, click on one of the ads in this campaign and see where it actually goes - if there is a typo in the url this could mean that visitors are not actually getting to the site and Google hasn't spotted that yet.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Since I have different ads running on different sites (2), the GA code for each site is different, but that isn't where I am seeing the problem. The problem appears between 2 different ads going to 2 different landing pages on the same site. Previously, I had 3 ads running to 3 different landing pages on the same site, using the same GA code, and had no problems. Then I paused one of the ads. Suddenly, the paused ad, was still showing hits in my GA reports in Behavior Flow for months afterward, as well as one of the currently active ads. However, the second active ad had all of its hits now showing up as "not set" instead of under the actual campaign title. When I contacted Google Support initially, they told me something to the extent of "paused ads can continue to show hits from initial visitors for months afterward", which made no sense to me, but I was like OK. However, if that is true, then the active ad, for which no direct numbers were showing in the Behavior Flow report, should also still be showing traffic as well. When I responded back to them with that, all I got was crickets and I haven't heard an answer for this back from them since, though I did get a simply notice that the person in Google's India support department that was given my case was no longer there, but I received no updates as to who was reviewing it now. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

You have posted in someone's help thread that is from way back in the past.

This thread is now closed to new replies.

If you need assistance please make a new thread with relevant information about your specific needs with AdWords. Making your new thread is fast, easy and allows more specific help directly to you (and not all of the other members in the old thread).

Thank you for your understanding.