AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Bid to large

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having trouble increasing my bid on adwords on one specific keyword. It is rejecting the increase and saying that the bid is too large in an error message. I have increased my budget and the default max bid and nothing has changed. Does anyone know what the problem is?

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Bid to large

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

That shouldn't be...you might be typing in (mistakenly) the wrong characters (if using dual language keyboard) or a bid above the max CPC ...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Surely there should be no limit to the max CPC, as long as I ensure it is less than the daily budget? The max bid is quite high, do Google set limits on how high and at what rate things are increased?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi tmarshall2510, the only error message I can recall for the Max CPC. is when you try to increase it beyond your Daily Budget.  As Moshe has said, do make sure your Budget setting is right, and that the figure you're trying to enter is correct.

Can you tell us the exact error message?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jon,

I have double checked my Daily Budget and is much higher than the bid I am trying to raise too. It will not let me increase my defualt max bid either and displays the same error message: Bid is too large, displayed just under the bid.

Any ideas?

Tom

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Could be that you are set on auto bidding? (Though, still, you should be able to change the max CPC)

Can you make changes at all on the account? Could it be that you have no administrative access?

Try to delete cookies and clear cache

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No not set on auto bidding, the account is set on manual maximum CPC bidding. Yeah can make changes and have full administrative access on the account. Also deleted cookies and cleared my cache with no results?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

OK; we are the last resort;

Let someone else have a look at the account settings. You probably (mistakenly)  marked an option wrong...

Top Contributor Alumni
# 9
Top Contributor Alumni

Just a thought--is the account active under a Google Grants budget or something else that might be "capping" the maximum bid you can make on a keyword?

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author tmarshall2510
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have spoken to a representative at the Google help centre and he has brought it to my attention that the max CPC bid for a single keyword is $1000 which converts to about 640 GBP which is an automatic capping limit put in place by Google.

This explains why I was unable to raise my max CPC bid any higher and out bid a higher ranking ad using the same display URL.

Thanks for all your help with this issue.

Tom