AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adword A/b Testing fo Landing Page?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi  Team,

I would like to know that about A/B testing for pages, i am running split testing for pages to know that which page is performing well so could you please tell me from where we can pull the performance report & Please let me know how to implement the A/B Testing.

Thanks & Regards,

Rishi Acharya

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adword A/b Testing fo Landing Page?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Rishi
Great question.

Fortunately, there are actually quite a few ways to do this.

The most simple way to do this is by simply using two different destination URLs in the same ad text and rotate them evenly and check the conversion rate of each over time.

Another way to do this is using campaign experiments. This is a little more convoluted and not really aimed at landing page testing but it's possible. You can find more details here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2385204?hl=en

Another way to do it and the way we prefer is to use content experiments in GA. It's very well integrated with AdWords and is the most powerful way to test apart from using a third party solution. More details can be found here:

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't know what this means from the previous answer "using two different destination URLs in the same ad text"  but I would advise having 2 identical Ads, with 2 different "Final URLs" and a single exact match keyword in that ad group to perform A/B testing in AdWords.

If you have more than a keyword in the test ad group or a different match type, the Ad performance for the 2 Ads will be influenced by the CTR of the search terms, so you need to have the same search term for every click on both Ads.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Sorry, WITH the same ad text. Not IN. Obviously that was a typo.

GA is still the preferred method.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Dave,

Thank you Guys for your help...

Thanks & Regard,
Rishi Acharya