AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Ads not showing because rank is not high enough for 1st page result?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Folks,

I understood when my bidding is not aggressive or my QS is relatively low, my ads won't' show on the first page or not showing at all. Google always make it very clear to find out the problem like the example below. See keywords no.1:

Capture.PNG

So when my check keyword no.2, the advice in the bubble also suggest that my ad is not showing because rank is not high. And by rank, it essentially means the same (QS x Bidding). However, instead of telling me the issue directly, it shows "eligible".. So what's exactly the problem to make them display properly between these 2 keywords I have respectively?

I really appreciate anyone who knew this well..!

Jason 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ads not showing because rank is not high enough for 1st page resul

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Jason,

Though your QS is good but it may be better if you try.

As not only the QS but ad rank also depends on bid amount and also expected impact of ad extensions.
So good QS is not enough, enhance the quality of all other factors also.

This keyword might be highly competitive in the targeted location. Also your bid may be just at the verge of that is needed to be on the first page. And at the instant of search other competitors with better QS and higher bid come into role, due to which your position slipped down to 2nd page.

So try to bid higher than you are bidding for now, also use some Ad extensions.

Don't go with this bubble status, do a live search with ad preview and diagnosis tool as might be it takes time to update the status of this bubble.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Archit

Thanks so much for the reply!

We would love to bid higher and improve my QS at the same time for boost my keywords performance - While the point is, an indicator is needed to do so accordingly.

I have tons of keywords for my business and quite a great amount of them get loads of traffic - then I realize some of them are not even showing. Running live search is a good idea but that might cost too much time, and that's why we have the AdWords managing panel to see what's going on clearly guess?

Back to my question, are you suggesting my keyword no.1 is getting nearly no chance on 1st search result page at all, and keyword no. 2 get a relatively higher chance?

Best,

Jason

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jason Zhang
October 2015

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Jason,

I understand its not possible to keep an eye on every keyword performance if you have tons of keywords.
But you must keep an eye on the top performing/ result oriented keywords.
As a lot of factors come into play during real time auction, might be there are more local competitors(advertisers) on your keyword no. 1 in that particular area where you are making live search while most of the time your keyword no. 1 is performing better in other location, other than where you yourself making live search, due to lack of competition. And vice-versa for keyword no. 2.
you can get bid estimates for your top performing keywords by opting both "estimated first page bid and estimated 1st position bid(new)" from the columns tab and then setting you max CPC between these two suggestions.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’