AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Ads are showing but impressions are still zero

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a campaign that is eligible, when I click on the status of each ad Adwords say "Adwords showing now? Yes" and when I personally use the ads' keywords to search for the ads on Google search engine, they really appear. I don't know what's wrong! Ads show on Google and I also clicked on them but none of this show on the reports. Can you help me?

Re: Ads are showing but impressions are still zero

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rana,

This is nothing to worry about at all. In fact I would highly advise against searching on the actual Google search engine for your ads and clicking in them. You are costing yourself additional charges for no reason. Rather use the ad preview and diagnosis tool.

The issue here is simply data freshness. data is not updated in real time. So give it a few hours, usually 3 hours before you will see any data.

Learn more here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2544985?hl=en

Hope this helps!

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Hello Rana Q,

I would suggest you to go through the status meanings.
Eligible status means and I quote from Google pages:

''Eligible ads can run on Google search pages before they're approved, but won't be shown to people who have turned off SafeSearch filtering. Eligible ads can't run on the Search Network and Display Network until they're reviewed and approved.''

If you clicked recently on your ad, it doesn't show instantly in Google Adwords reports.
If you have high traffic some results can be shown within few hours. If you have lower traffic on your ads it can really take a lot of time before you'll see some results.

Useful and relevant links: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6058134?ctx=tltp&authuser=0&rd=2#definitions

Hope this helps a little bit.

Alex

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The campaign has been there for 3 days actually and still no impressions!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Also the status of the campaign is not clickable like the statuses of other campaigns, I really feel there's something wrong!

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rana,

The fact that you searched for your ad and found it on the SERP indicates that it is definitely showing. Could you check the date range that you are looking at? Perhaps your date range is set to before the campaign went live?

You did mention that the status of the ads is eligible, so perhaps there is an issue there.

Read more about eligible ads here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/188700?hl=en

If it has been 3 days and they have not been reviewed yet then I would suggest contacting Google. There is a link in the article I linked above.

Let us know how it goes

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I will, thanks a lot Smiley Happy

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
No Problem, Let me know how it goes!