AdWords
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Ads Not Showing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi There,

I was annoyed by ads not showing on certain keywords in a campaign.

The keyword status simply does not highlight this issue. It always show "Eligible" and I have to manually point on the callout of each suspected keywords to verify. It is absolutely time consuming task if you have a long list of keywords across different ad groups.

I'm wondering if there's a way I can be informed whenever this happen. A report or notification??

Thank you,

Roman

Re: Ads Not Showing

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I don't think there is such notifications are provided by Adwords.

To resolve this issue, i suggest going for phrase or broad match keywords by including negative keywords (to reduce un-necessary clicks).

Find more information about keyword targeting here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497836?hl=en
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Roman L
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Roman L,

For your problem I use automated rules with the following setup :

1) Going to the Ad Group , selecting keywords, clicking on Automate, selecting "Send Email when"

2) At requirements scroll to status and click on the horizontal triangles to expand all the statuses options to deselect the ones you do not need

3) The trick is to show hidden Status-es after clicking on the blue text " Show diagnosis status"

keyword-alert-email1.png

4. Here is what I think you need to select :

keyword-alert-email2.png

5. The problem is that you need to set 1 rule per hour since automated rules do not have an option to run every hour.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Adrian,

Big Thank for your suggestion and structured explanation.