AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adding same/different conversion tracking code on a site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I've existing thank-you page a.php with conversion tracking working perfectly.

Now I want to create new adgroup-M but with thank-you page as b.php (different order form). So should I add new conversion tracking code on this page or the code same as on a.php? In either of the case (i.e. if I add same/different tracking code), where can I track conversion for each page individually in adwords.

Also what will happen a person clicking on an ad in M but reaches thankyou page a.php (this is possible on my website). i.e. how can measure impact of click on ad from M?

Thanks,
Nik

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adding same/different conversion tracking code on a site

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Nik,

I don't think there would be any issue if you add the same conversion tracking code on a different thank you page as you said. It should track normally.

In the second case as you described, it simply means that the user browsed through your landing page and went to the second form and filled up to reach that different thanks page. Here, I am assuming that you will have different thanks pages for different forms. IMO, the idea is to get the user fill up the form so that you get a lead. Let us know if you have a different aim here.

Pankaj