AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adding a new url to google analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good morning all!  I have been following the directions I found under Google Analytics and it says to click the Admin then the dropdown that says account and choose new account.  Except new account does not appear under my account drop down.  How do I add a new URL (new account) to my Google Analytics?  Thanks!  I am trying to add analytics to a blog I have on Tumblr.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mary Kate D
September 2015

Re: Adding a new url to google analytics

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Mary Kate,

Thank you for your post. To clarify, are you asking about adding a new url (Adwords Landing page?) to your Google Analytics? You reference "trying to add analytics to a blog I have on Tumblr". 

If this is an Adwords conversion tracking question, you can read this link from our Adwords Help page for your issue: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722022?hl=en

If your question is strictly about Google Analytics setup, please feel free to re-post your question on the Analytics Community form here: http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/analytics

Re: Adding a new url to google analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you!

Adding a new url to google analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

John Paul,

Can you help me solve a problem?  I set up my website for Google Analytics; I was able to set up each page under the "manage pages" tab, except the home page.  Every time I try to add the home page, it tells me this error message: "The URL you entered is incomplete. Make sure you include the webpage to track. For example: puritymontana.com/about.html"

But my home page doesn't have a "/about.html" or any other "/" after it, it's only puritymontana.com.

No matter how I try to set the URL it seems that it has to have something with a "/" after the .com...  The home page is the page I most need to have tracked by GA, and it's not letting me add it.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ryan Jolley