AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adding Users to AdWords Accounts & Accepting Invitations

Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

Accessing AdWords accounts and accepting invitations to new accounts are two areas that we seem to get many questions about. 

Paul, from the AdWords Support team, is here today to run through account access guidelines and how to accept AdWords access invitations. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adding Users to AdWords Accounts & Accepting Invitations

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

As Rachel mentioned, we get a lot of questions about account access and accepting AdWords account invitations so hopefully I’ll be able to clear up some confusion today!

Can I add my email address to multiple AdWords accounts?

It’s not possible to use your email address to access two different AdWords accounts.

If you would like to access a different AdWords account with your email address, you have two options. Both involve removing the email address from the original AdWords account. It’s also worth mentioning here that cancelling the AdWords account does not free up the email address.

Option 1: Remove your email address from the existing AdWords account and add it directly to the new AdWords account. With this option, you will gain access to the new AdWords account but you will lose access to the existing AdWords account. In addition to this, it’s important to remember that in order to remove your email address from an AdWords account, there must be at least one other Administrative email address associated with the account. This is to ensure that at least one person has access, and prevents advertisers locking themselves out of their account.

Option 2:  Remove your email address from the existing AdWords account and create a My Client Center (MCC) account with your email address. Again, in order to remove your email address from the existing AdWords account, there must be at least one other Administrative email address associated with the account. An MCC account lets you view and manage all of your AdWords accounts from one master account, under one login email address. An MCC  is an entirely new account, and is a great option if you require access to multiple AdWords accounts with your email address. Once you create your MCC, you can link any individual AdWords accounts to it, which will enable you to access them under one login email address.

So although your email address cannot be associated with two AdWords accounts at the same time, the MCC option provides a very useful workaround.

How do I accept an AdWords invitation?

When someone invites you to access an AdWords account, you will be sent an invitation to your email address. There will be a link in the email which will bring you to the standard page to accept invitations.

If you have ever signed up for any Google products in the past, you create a Google account in the backend with your email address. A Google account then houses all the products you have signed up for with your email address in one single location.

If your email address is already associated with a Google Account (i.e. if you sign into ANY Google products using your email address), simply select "I have an email address and password I already use with Google services like AdSense, Gmail, Orkut, or iGoogle' followed by 'I'd like to use my existing Google account to log into AdWords', and you should be able to access the desired account

If your email address is not associated with any Google products, tick the option 'I do not have a Google Account'. Then enter your email address and the password you wish to use to sign into the AdWords account. Once you have done this, an email will be sent to your email inbox from adwords-noreply@google.com. If you click the link on the email you will be brought to the AdWords account.

So there you have it folks! I hope this post is helpful! If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below.

*Was this post helpful in solving your issue? If so, we'd love to know! Please leave either a comment below, or click the star icon at the top of this post! Thanks!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Can you do something about location extension and simplify the process to conect My business with adwords accounts. Similar like conecting Youtube accounts with AdWords?

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Hi there,

Thanks for your post! We can most definitely pass this feedback to the Product Team. As it is a new process, I'm sure they will receive quite a lot of feedback with tips for improvement.

Thanks for sharing!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This post is titled "Adding Users to AdWords Accounts", but it doesn't describe the process for sending an invitation, only for accepting one. It comes up in search results for adding a user, so it's frustrating that it doesn't include that information. Perhaps you could add that as well?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to allow access to a third party. What is the best way to go about this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Agreed - I still don't know how to add a user....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I agree I also do not know how to send an invite to a add a user...