AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adding UTMs to Ad URLs without losing historical data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How can I do this without losing my ad's historical data? I have looked into AdWords Editor and the "post URL upgrades" feature, but i'm fearful this isn't what I'm looking for and was only used for upgrading URLs to final from destination. 

Please advise! Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June 2016

Re: Adding UTMs to Ad URLs without losing historical data

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Eric,

The easiest way to do this would be to just pause the existing ad copies in the account, replicate them, add the required tagging and then upload them back into the account.

The editor would be the best means to get this done. Just remember to change one setting in Editor, create a new ad copy if the URL is different, otherwise you may end up updating your existing ad copies and overwriting the data.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June 2016

Re: Adding UTMs to Ad URLs without losing historical data

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Eric,

The easiest way to do this would be to just pause the existing ad copies in the account, replicate them, add the required tagging and then upload them back into the account.

The editor would be the best means to get this done. Just remember to change one setting in Editor, create a new ad copy if the URL is different, otherwise you may end up updating your existing ad copies and overwriting the data.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"