AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adding Conversion Tracking to thankyou page in different domain.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having a landing page "www.example.com/offer" which is having a thank you page in different domain www.abc.com/campaign/thankyou Page. I want to track conversion so I did cross domain linking in Google Tag Manager with following instructions given in HTTP://www.optimizer.com/cross-domain-tracking-in-google-tag-manager/.  Now I want to add conversion tracking code but I am not able to do it correctly. Please help me in this.

Re: Adding Conversion Tracking to thankyou page in different domain.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Anjali T,

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

• If you have adwords conversion codes on all websites on relevant pages then there shouldd not be any problem as adwords conversion code has nothing to do with domain
  • Now from what i am guessing you also want to track your traffic with analytics in which case you will need to use analytics cross domain tracking.
  • If these links are just simple href links then i would suggest you should use_link method in Google Analytics

For you case, I would strongly suggest you use Universal Analytics, along with all the wonderful new features has truly simplified this process. It’s down to a simple 2 step process.

You can follow this instruction and it should be much more easier to set: http://www.blastam.com/blog/index.php/2014/11/2-steps-cross-domain-tracking-universal-analytics

Let me know if it works and Hope this help!

Thanks,

Jason

Re: Adding Conversion Tracking to thankyou page in different domain.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jason
Thanks for reply, Yeah I already did some changes in Google Analytics account
I just follow the instruction given here:
http://www.optimizesmart.com/cross-domain-tracking-in-google-tag-manager/

Also I am using Google Tag Manager to apply all Tags

Thanks