AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adding Conversion Tracking Code to a Google Docs Form

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a Google Docs Form embedded in my site and want to set this up as a Goal in Analytics for conversion tracking.

The Google Docs form does have a 'thankyou' message after someone submits the form, but as the form is embedded within a frame the URL for the form and the thankyou page are the same.

How can I get the conversion tracking code within the form?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Adding Conversion Tracking Code to a Google Docs Form

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi EliseB,

Kindly review following link, there is a big conversation regarding conversion tracking hope it will help you:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics-get-started/Adwords-Conversion-Tracking-Co...

Thanks

Anchal 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This link doesn't work.  The solutions discussed there are for "Google Sites" not regular sites.  Can anyone suggest a solution that applies to the question above?  I'm sure many people must have this same problem.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i think the answer is not in the Google Form or Thank you message.

the answer is in the spread sheet where results are stored.

if we can make a trigger function to activate the Conversion Tracking Code after any new results interested.

that is it,

i think we really need a help from some one geek with Google Code.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This does not address the issue in question. Google needs to give us more control over the submission button in order to track conversions. How strange that one of their products (Google Docs Forms) isn't compatible with the other (Google Conversion Tracking)!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello! did any of you get a solution for this? I also need to track conversions made in a Google Form.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Nope. They still haven't responded or provided a solution for this.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Guys, Did anyone manage to find a solution to this? Please let me know as I have the same exact problem.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes I found the solution and it works. It's explained here: http://morning.am/tutorials/how-to-style-google-forms/

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Geoff M for your reply.

I'm actually looking to put the tracking code on the Google docs form confirmation page itself, not my website or any other website. Is there a solution?