AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adding Call Tracking on Wordpress Site Genesis frame work

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm following the instructions found here to set up call tracking for my site

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722054#calls_from_websites

I've added the code to the header and now need to add the _googWcmGet() function, however I am not able to do this in my wordpress site as it is using the genesis frame work and the template file for the body tag looks like this:

<?php
genesis_markup( array(
'html5' => '<body %s>',
'xhtml' => sprintf( '<body class="%s">', implode( ' ', get_body_class() ) ),
'context' => 'body',
) );

Not really sure how to add the onload attribute with the parameters on there without messing up the whole theme.

In the instructions it says " If you put the _googWcmGet() call within a script tag, be sure it's placed after all the target elements." Does this mean that I can put this on the footer instead with some script tags?would this work if placed on the footer?

<script type="text/javascript">
window.onload = function() {
_googWcmGet('number', '(281) 419-5104')
};

</script>

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Steven M
September 2015

Re: Adding Call Tracking on Wordpress Site Genesis frame work

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

It would work regardless whether you place before the element or after the element. I have made this work for my genesis client before the element itselfSmiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for you reply I've tested it out and it seems to be working fine. Smiley Happy

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Here is a guide for others to implement website call tracking on a genesis theme.
Genesis Website Call Tracking Guide