AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adding 3rd party tracking to Display Network ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to add 3rd party tracking to Google Display Network ads. I need to combine it with data already being collected with a 3rd party service to look at post-click, post-impression, etc.

Is adding 3rd party trackers supported by AdWords? The trackers I want to add are from a certified 3rd party ad vendor. If it is supported, where do I place the code? 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adding 3rd party tracking to Display Network ads

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Andrew, 

It sounds like this will be ok so long as you are embedding the tracking the in the code of the landing page or adding it to the destination URL and not appending it to the display URL which has a limited number of characters and needs to match the URL of the landing page. 

Also bear in mind that the display and destination URL need to match, so if you were advertising website.com the destination URL could be website.com/123specificpage456.

In regards to your question about where you place the code, you will need to speak to the 3rd party tracking company. They will most likely have instructions for you.

Hannah 

Re: Adding 3rd party tracking to Display Network ads

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Andrew,

That should be tacked on the destination URL, as Hannah has suggested. You can use ValueTrack parameters or fixed values. Check with the vendor to see what tags they want.

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords