AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Add conversion tracking to display campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have conversion tracking set up on my search campaign but how do I add it to my display campaign?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cynsie B
September 2015

Re: Add conversion tracking to display campaign

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
You add AdWords code to a landing page, so you do not need to add any code to your campaigns.
But if you want to remarket to visitors of certain pages within site then the best thing is to use Analytics remarketing.
Kind regards.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

The Conversion Tracking is a account level feature, wherein you simply add the code on goal conversion or thank you page of your website and measure the ROI based on statistics gathered. The stats could be either from search campaigns or Display campaigns or any other type of campaign types available under AdWords.

Hence if you have already installed the javascript code of Conversion tracking, it should work for all campaigns.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

As Pankaj explained, if the conversion action of the search campaign is the same conversion action of the display campaign, this means that the customer would convert through the same page that has the conversion code. You don't need to do any thing, you just wait and when customers click your ads on the display network and complete the conversion action, it would appear in your your display campaign reports.

If the display campaign conversion action is different from the search campaign conversion action, you need to set up a new conversion by adding a new adding a single snippet of HTML and JavaScript code to your new webpage. Step-by-step instructions are found here:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722054?hl=en

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Tool for conversion tracking is located in campaign--tools--conversion path.
Conversion pixel is working for all of your campaigns. And if you want to track your campaigns better then you should add UTM tags to your URL-s.
One of the best way for that is Google analytics tab builder plugin for Chrome.
Please give more information about what you want to achieve so we can give you better information how to achieve it.
More about conversion tracking you can find here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722054?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi all and thank you so much for your response. Conversions are tracking for search - but not for display. And eureka, it just occurred d to me that since the campaigns are NOT set up together, that I need to add the snippet of code to the display campaign as well - does that make sense to you all?!I
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cynsie B
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
You add AdWords code to a landing page, so you do not need to add any code to your campaigns.
But if you want to remarket to visitors of certain pages within site then the best thing is to use Analytics remarketing.
Kind regards.