AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Add Tracking code to AW destination URLs with auto-tagging enabling

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to track a couple do parameters in GA outside of what can be dereived from "auto-tagging".

If I add some tracking to my destination URLs (not this stuff

UTM_SOURCE=GOOGLE&UTM_MEDIUM=CPC&UTM_TERM={KEYWORD}&UTM_CAMPAIGN=...) what happens to the data collected automatically with auto-tagging?     Is there a tradeoff? 

Regards, Doug
LinkedIn  
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author PPCBUILDERS
September 2015

Re: Add Tracking code to AW destination URLs with auto-tagging enablin

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Doug,

You can add the name-value pairs using value track. Auto-tagging still works. Leave auto-tagging on and add that as the article describes.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Doug,

That depends on how you do it and what you are trying to get done. You can add parameters with auto-tagging enabled. There's a limit to the total length of the query string-1024 characters.

If you use the utm_ parameters, your traffic will show in 2 sections of the Analytics reports and could give you misleading results. I'd suggest using auto-tagging along with your own parameters.

Best of Luck!

Pete

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Here is my goal :

I have a client who is deriving about 80% of their traffic from the Partner Network. I want to know how much is ask, how much is aol, how much is something else.

I've got a param to track that I am told that works.

Again, I don't want to mess with anything else.

&AWSEARCHCPC={IFSEARCH:1} owing to this webpost : http://www.semwisdom.com/blog/how-to-measure-adwords-search-partner-performance#axzz2wcpfkiEg
Regards, Doug
LinkedIn  
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author PPCBUILDERS
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Doug,

You can add the name-value pairs using value track. Auto-tagging still works. Leave auto-tagging on and add that as the article describes.

Best of Luck!

Pete