AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords tracking conversion click on button - redirect not working in Chrome

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I have an issue with the snippet code for tracking conversion clicks on 4 buttons in a couple of landing pages of a donation portal. 

This issue is related only to Chrome browser (it's working fine on Safari and Firefox).

The snippet is attached to a button inside a pop-up which redirects the user to a PayPal donation page. When clicking on the button, instead of redirecting the user to PayPal, the browser simply reloads the landing page. 

I tried to move the button outside the pop-up to check if that was the issue but the problem still exists.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the script or the onclick attribute since it's working fine with other browsers.

Here's the URL to one of these landing pages: http://donations.environomica.org/memorialtrees.html

The 4 buttons for donations have the same onclick attributes and are related to the snippet provided for the specific AdWords tracking feature.

Does anybody know if that's a common issue and how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,

E.M.

AdWords tracking conversion click on button - redirect not working in Chrome

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, don't worry, I've found a way to fix it. The issue was with the attribute for target in the PayPal button code. Changing it from "_top" to "_blank" solved it.