AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords position changed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I was asked to update one of the words in one of our ads. However, now the ad is suddenly appearing at the bottom of the page and not up the top, where it was before I made this change.

When is the ad going to appear up the top of the page again? Does the approval status have anything to do with this or do I need to change somethign else?

Thank you, I really appreciate any help.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mk355778
September 2015

Re: AdWords position changed

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
@ Mk355778, no need to apologize Smiley Happy

I believe it's a learning process for everyone out here whether it's me, you or anybody else. Keep coming back here and Community will be more than happy to answer you.

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

Did you change the existing ad or created new ad with change in the content?

If it's a new ad, give it sometime to see the actual behavior and position of your ad. I would suggest you to look for the ads using Ad Preview Tool and not live searches because doing a live search will hamper your own impressions, CTR and other metrics.

Now the ads which appear on top are highly relevant with excellent performance in the past. For more details, refer to this useful help center article.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Mk3557778,

Further to Panjak/s fine answer, I never edit an ad. Rather, I always create a new one. It's generally the same process. The text of your current ad will be prefilled when you create a new ad, although you don't get to choose which ad that will be if you have more than one in the ad group.

This allows you to run both ads at the same time (not on the same SERP, but rotated) and let's you compare performance between the two ads. Tests that one one ad for a while and a different ad or variation over a different time period are generally invalid.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your responses.

I believe that when I "edited" the ad, it created a new one and deleted the old one.

I actually have 2 ads for the same keywords, the other ad appears up the top but the new one at the bottom.

Now I have 1 click from 173 impressions on the new ad: is it advisable that I delete this add and start over due to the poor CTR?

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

However, on a different country's search, the new ad is immediately appearing up the top.

Thank you panjak1782 for pointing out the ad preview tool to me.

I apologise as I am completely new to AdWords.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mk355778
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
@ Mk355778, no need to apologize Smiley Happy

I believe it's a learning process for everyone out here whether it's me, you or anybody else. Keep coming back here and Community will be more than happy to answer you.

Pankaj