AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords not tracking conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am managing two AdWords account (AdWords and Ad Grants) which I am using to advertise a single website.
I have setup goals inside analytics and conversion actions inside AdWords and Ad Grants account. On the website I have installed all conversion tracking and remarketing codes using Google Tag manager.

The problem I am facing is that the paid AdWords account is not able to track conversions. Although there has been conversions from the ads in the account, the conversion report keeps showing no recent conversions.
The Analytics account shows the total number of Goal completions and some but not all of them are coming from the Ad Grants account. That means that the rest of the goals are being completed by ad visitors from the paid account.

I have tried troubleshooting the tag manager setup but it seems all fine. What should I do to find a solution?

Re: AdWords not tracking conversions

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Atal,

From the sounds of things there is actually nothing wrong. If the account is saying 'no recent conversions', then that means that the system has seen the code but there have actually been no completions of this conversion with a click on your ad in the last x days (depending on what you set the look back window too).

If you GA set up is correct are you getting conversions for the paid account according to GA?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Atal V,

Did you check from which Google Analytics channel, you are getting the additional conversions?

If it is from Paid Adwords account, then the possible issue is your conversion tag. (Assuming there is a significant difference between Analytics and Adwords conversion numbers, which can't be explained by their different click attribution models).

First check whether the Conversion tag of Paid Adwords account is correctly placed or not. There is a very good Google self help link on the same topic. 

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722021?hl=en&ref_topic=3165803

Using this link you can check the conversion tracking status, verification of the conversion tag and troubleshoot the issue if there is any.

Hope it helps !!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,

I was getting conversions from paid account for my old goals that were imported from Google analytics. Due to some issues, I had to delete the old ones and create new conversion actions inside AdWords. Now the conversion report in the paid account show "no recent conversions". The extra conversions are being shown as coming from direct traffic inside Google Analytics.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Deepak,

The additional conversions are being shown as coming from direct traffic.

Thanks